Sunday, December 14, 2008

So I am done wiping Huck's butt

He is 6 years old, I am done.

It started because he used to suffer from frequent constipation.  I was in there already (offering encouragement or sometimes consolation because it was painful for him to poo - yes it was very sad) so I did the wiping to make sure his sore bottom was getting good and clean.  Nothing like an itchy butt to ruin a kid's day.  

Actually, that's not true.  Itchy butts don't phase kids, they just scratch them no matter where they are.  So let's rephrase: Nothing like an itchy butt to embarrass and/or disgust your mama.

So now when Huck is finished going he yells "I'm done" and then waits on his throne for the royal butt wiper to appear.  

I asked him what he does at school and he said "Wipe my own bottom, but I don't think I am very good at it".  Hmm, that would explain the skid marks.

So I gave him some pointers and told him I would not be wiping his bottom anymore.

Then Worm filled his diaper and came straight to me saying "poo-poo!" Nothing like job security.

No comments:

Post a Comment