Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So I have a new make-up essential

Thanks to Worm I have rediscovered Cherry Chapstick.  

Worm is an odd little guy.  Most kids have a comfort item or items.  Huck's is playing with hair and stuffed animals.  Worm's is lip balm.  He loves to carry around tubes of lip balm.  It started with Burt's Bees so he calls it "bee".  

He has always liked to manipulate tiny objects and remove and replace the top off things, so bee is his dream item.  Funnily enough, he doesn't want to wear the bee.  He mostly just likes to smell it.  I just count myself lucky that he is past the putting everything in his mouth stage.  I do still worry that he will put the little cap in his mouth, but not to the point of distraction. I have a little post about this too so stay tuned. 

I am always on the look-out for a good deal on lip balm because we lose at least a tube a day. Sometimes we just lose the cap, but it is all or nothing for him.  Burt's Bees is too expensive to give to a toddler, so I switched him to Chapstick.  You can get a tube for about 79 cents if you bargain shop, 99 cents if you just need to grab one anywhere. The other day I found a pack of four Cherry Chapstick for 2.99 (less than 75 cents each!). Worm was elated, he loves the scent. 

Turns out Cherry Chapstick is pretty flattering on me.  I am really fair skinned so the light pink color looks natural on me.  Plus it is just a little shiny.  I like lip gloss, but sometimes it can look like you just ate a fried chicken leg and didn't wipe the grease off your mouth. 

Anyway, thanks to Worm I have a new lip product and I can always find it when I want to put it on because I will have at least three tubes in my possession at all time.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect...I know what to get the little guy now. And, I for one am in favor of skipping the lip balm all together and going straight for the chicken leg. Negates the need for moisturizing lip products and perfumes all in one. Nothing like smelling like fried up oil all day! That's how I roll!

    ReplyDelete