Monday, December 1, 2008

So I just had an AHA moment!

I have been struggling with a blog nickname for my sis-in-law.  I reference her often, so sis-in-law is getting to be as annoying as the word hubby was.

In an earlier post I mentioned she is the one who suggested I use characters from books I love for nicknames. This is how I came up with Huck & Worm (Huckle Cat & Lowly Worm from Richard Scarry's children's books).

Anyway, I was just about to shut down the old ibook when it hit me!  She IS my sister.  I love her as if she were related to me by blood.  So, what is my favorite book about sisters?  Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, of course.  Who is the COOLEST of all the sisters in that book. Jo, of course.

So here is to Jo, the best sister I could ever ask for!

4 comments:

  1. I'll take it...and typing Jo will be SOOO much better!

    Can you send me that picture of the boys? I would like to use it as my screensaver!

    PS And I'm embarrassed to say that I don't think I've ever read Little Women! I'll have to do that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to read Little Women! I need to re-read it. I probably read it 10 times before the age of 12, but not ever as an adult. I did see the movie several years ago (Winona Rider played Jo).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never saw the movie either...I'm gonna have to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry but the June Allison, Elizabeth Taylor version of LW is the best version. :-) That may be a generational thing...and no I am not old enough to have seen it in the theaters. LOL I love your blog by the way. I never knew you were so witty. I need to get to know you better as an adult I am guessing. Your boys are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete