Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am a grown-up

You know how kids will inadvertently say something dirty? You know how when that happens you have to remember you're an adult, not a twelve-year-old? You know how sometimes its no fun to be a grown-up?

This afternoon, returning home from a pizza/arcade/dirty feet/stupid plastic toys sort of place, Worm wondered who was eating candy. He was eating candy. He could see that Huck was eating candy. He asked Mel, and she confirmed she was eating candy. Then he asked me. I was not eating candy. Worm said, "Mama no eat candy?" So I pretended to be sad and told him I didn't have any candy. Then Huck piped up, "I ate my sucker, but you can lick my stick."

I am a twelve-year-old.

2 comments:

  1. Wowsers...hope he doesn't say that to the wrong people! Such a generous kid. I would have burst out laughing...he wouldn't have had any idea what you were laughing about!!!

    Glad to see you back in blogland...I was beginning to wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO . . .Totally funny! And seriously . . .kuddos to you for not swerving off the road from laughing so hard! I have missed your blogs!

    ReplyDelete