Friday, August 14, 2009

The whitest boy in America

Worm is obsessed with the song Boom Boom Pow (Yes, I know the lyrics aren't the cleanest. I also let them watch cartoons that say the word stupid and sometimes drink juice that is not diluted with water. I'm a rebel). Every time we get in the car he demands to hear it and then we end up listening to it on repeat for twenty minutes. While it's infinitely better than kiddie music, it's starting to grate my nerves a bit. I know I could just refuse to turn it on, but twenty minutes of continually escalating shrieks is the alternative.

This morning we were driving Huck to his clay class, listening to the usual, when Huck asks a question.

Huck: "Mama, they're saying 'Let the beat rock', right?"
Me: "Yes"
Huck: "Do they mean beat or beet."
Me: I'm unable to speak due to uncontrollable laughter.
Huck: "It's not funny. I don't mean pickled beets or anything, just regular beets."
Me: Laughing harder and trying to cross my legs while driving so as not to pee myself.
Huck: *sigh* "You missed the turn."

No comments:

Post a Comment