Friday, March 13, 2009

So... I'm sort of back

Only sort of, cause I wasn't really gone.  I don't feel 100% yet.  I thought if I started typing, something would come out of it.  Let me just apologize in advance if that theory turns out wrong.

Huck has a new Wii game, Mario Kart.  It is unbelievably funny to watch him play.  He talks to the other drivers the entire time, much like I do when I am feeling stress while driving.  When he passes the computer drivers, he mildly gloats.  When they throw obstacles at him or otherwise impede him, he busts out the trash talk.  I am not a road rage sort of person, but heavy traffic makes me uncomfortable.  When I am uncomfortable, I ramble.  I guess playing Mario Kart is like driving in heavy traffic.

He has learned that if he sticks with it, new characters and driving courses will open up.  He unlocked one he really liked yesterday and had this to say: "This course is so cool, and I'm not saying that just because it's cool.  I'm saying that because it's COOL!

That actually made perfect sense to me.

Later he was struggling and I offered a pointer.  He declined my assistance in a slightly ruder way than I deserved and immediately said "And don't call me a sassy-pants!"

To my knowledge I have never called him a sassy-pants.  However, I plan to now. Often.

2 comments:

  1. Oh...Sassy Pants will get lots of use by his good ol' auntie too!

    I would like to request some video documentation of the trash talking Mario Kart play. That would make for some good entertainment! See what you can do.

    Many thanks,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bust out the flip video next time he is playing...

    ReplyDelete