Monday, June 15, 2009

Crouching Colors, Hidden Pillow

Huck's favorite color has always been yellow. To me, it's not the most neutral of 'gender-neutral' colors. Still, I've always let him pick out as many yellow shirts, candies, and cups as his little heart desired. Sissiness be damned.

So this morning, when Huck announced he had new favorite colors, I was more than a little interested. I figured we were finally moving into some more traditionally masculine color schemes around here.

Huck: I have some new favorite colors, but I can't decide what order I like them in.
Me: Well, just tell them to me in any order.
Huck: Gold, silver, blue, green, red, and I still like yellow.
Me: *choke* Gold? As in gold jewlery?
Huck: Yeah, it's shiny and nice.
Me: Okay, which of those is first? (pleasedon'tsaygoldpleasedon'tsaygoldpleasedon'tsaygold)
Huck: Gold, of course.
Me: *sigh* What's next?
Huck: Here's where I can't decide between silver, blue, or green. Can they all just crouch together at second.
Me: Sure, they can crouch. What's third?
Huck: Red.
Me: So yellow is number four?
Huck: Yes. Should I hide my yellow pillow from pre-school?
Me: Why?
Huck: So people won't see it and think yellow is my favorite color.
Me: If you think that would be best.

1 comment:

  1. So, that's interesting. Why in the world would he think gold is a good color? Poor yellow...

    ReplyDelete