Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mom hair and mullets

Got my hair did today.

We added more blonde for the summer.  Brighter hair color makes me happy.  It looks fabulous, as usual, because Staci is a color genius.  Seriously, go see her, your roots look like crap. 

Sorry, was that mean?  Whatever, Miss Clairol, you know it's true.

Anyway, the BIG HAIR news is...

I got bangs and lost the sharp angle.

My hair is now a blonde bob with bangs.  Wow, I didn't see that coming at all.  That's pretty much mom hair.  Should I have mom hair?  Should I change my name to Deb? If you didn't get the Deb thing, you're not a Gilmore Girls fan.  Yes, I know the final season was two years ago. I still watch it everyday on ABC Family. Bite me.  Are you allowed to say 'bite me' while sporting mom hair?

Aaaaaaaaanyway, a few weeks ago I was considering doing something a bit funky to my hair this summer.  I am going to live with the mom hair for a few weeks & mull over my funky thought. I've shared the funky thought with my boys: Huck is pro, Truck is con, Worm is a brat.  Their opinions have now been noted, but will not be considered at decision time.  

I would have included a picture of the new do, but I came home from the salon and spent the next 6 hours cleaning out Huck's room.  It REALLY looks like mom hair right now.  It is messy, sweaty and is housing at least two dust bunnies.  I found a raisin in it after I cleaned out under Huck's bed.  Huck doesn't really like raisins.  God, I hope it was a raisin.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my hair.  It is just a little boring.  The good thing (other than the gorgeous color) is my hair is still a bit angled.  If I don't keep the front longer than the back, I end up slightly mulleted after a few weeks.  A slight mullet is unacceptable.  If you're going to have a mullet, you must go balls out.  I'm talking Billy Ray Cyrus circa 1993 here.  Go ahead and click the link, don't be scared. It's not THAT Billy Ray Cyrus song.  

Anyway, that's probably enough about my hair.  I suspect you lost interest with the words 'mom hair'.  I don't blame you, I would have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment