Friday, June 12, 2009

Big E loves the redheads

Truck & I went to dinner and a movie tonight with Big E and Mrs. Big E. The first restaurant we attempted to patronize was so crowded we couldn't park.  The second restaurant we tried hadn't opened for business yet.  At that point we gave in and ate at Red Robin. Whatever.  Our only real criteria was a fully stocked bar.  As we were leaving, dude came out in the bird costume. I dared Big E to let me take his pic and put it on the blog.  He didn't let me down.  He really had no choice after he left me to defend myself against the tootsie roll throwers that one time.

We saw The Hangover.  The funny thing is, Mrs. Big E and I actually saw this movie together on Sunday.  Neither of our hubbies are Friday night movie guys (too expensive & too many kids), so the only way we could get them out was by promising to see it again.  No problem, I was sure there were some subtleties I missed the first time around.  Uh, kidding about the subtleties. It's a hysterical and nasty movie, but there's nothing subtle about it.

Anyway, I remembered from my first viewing that there were two horror movie trailers before the show.  I'm such a chicken that I can't even handle two minutes of scary.  So I used that time to go to the restroom.  I didn't have to go, but I tried anyway.  We are always making Huck do this and he hates it, so I thought I'd see what the fuss is about.  Dude, what's the big deal? So you pee a little instead of a lot?  Get over it.

I tried to go slow with the hand washing & lip gloss application, but when I got to the theater door I could tell the scary shit was still on.  There was a guy sweeping the floor and I tried to talk to him.  I think I said something like, "I'm such a baby, I had to leave during the scary previews."  He said something like, "I have to go sweep the men's room now."  Then a guy came out of my theater, went to the men's room, and was right back out in less than a minute. ewwww.  So I caught him as he was walking in and said, "Hey, dude! You in the orange shirt! Yeah, you.  Is the scary stuff over yet?"  He looked at the screen and said, "Yeah, that guy from Entourage is on the screen now."  So I got all excited 'cause Adrian Grenier is yummy.  

It was Jeremy Piven.

Hey, orange shirt wearing dumb-ass with questionable hygiene, I was trying to avoid bad dreams.  Thanks for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment