Saturday, June 6, 2009

Deal

Okay, so I have been completely MIA.  Forgive me. There was plenty of fodder in these last few weeks, but I just procrastinated the writing until the moments were lost.  I'm unreliable. Deal.

Here are some bullets to catch you up...
  • Memorial Day at my mom's - My female cousins are awesome, including the "by marriage" one.  We will forever be The Wondercousins! Their kids are lovable and funny and charming.  It was a blast. I hope to never go that long without seeing them again.  I tried hard to write about the trip, but I think I wanted it too much.  The words just wouldn't flow. I have a hysterical picture that deserves it's own post. I think I can muster up a little something for that.  Or maybe not. Deal.
  • Kindergarten Graduation - Huck goes to a school with A LOT of Mexicans.  This is not a culture I am familiar with.  Oh hell, who am I kidding, if you aren't white and from the south I probably think you're a freak.  My blog, my reality. Deal with that too.  Anyway, the Mexicans like to dress their little girls like Disney princesses or tiny brides.  Huck looked like the token white kid at Guadalajara High prom.  I am not saying this in a judgmental way.  It is what it is. He is very white.  They are very Mexican.
  • My health - Had two week follow up for my BP.  It was 123/72 after two weeks on Benicar. Looks like I'll be on that indefinitely.  Great. I love taking pills.  I guess I'll have to deal with that.
There is more.  The kids have been alternating between funny, annoying, and endearing.  I have been interacting with strangers.  We have been back to The Club.  The potential is there, the ambition is not. Story of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back...I was beginning to wonder what happened to you!

    ReplyDelete