Monday, January 5, 2009

So Huck had another friend over today

It was Eddie today (as in Haskell).  He was slightly better than I expected him to be, but not that much.  I guess every kid has to have THAT friend.  

I don't remember having an Eddie Haskell.  Shit!  Does that make me the Eddie?  Will have to clarify with my mom.....

....was about to call mom when it hit me.  My friend Joanie had an older sister named Elizabeth. Elizabeth had no friends so we were forced to play with her.  She was a prissy little tattletale asshole.  One day I called her an asshole behind her back, but apparently not out of earshot. She told on me (of course).  Her mom was furious!  My mom scolded me loudly in front of everybody and said she was taking me right home to spank me.  

We had to walk about half a block back to our house.  The whole time my mom was red-faced and shaking.  I was terrified.  I thought I was about to get the spanking of a lifetime.  Instead she rushed into the house and burst out laughing.  Finally she regained her composure enough to speak and she said "Elizabeth is an asshole, so is her mom.  Don't ever call anyone that again."

I was eight.  To this day I don't think I have ever used that word without remembering my mom in her coolest mom moment ever.

Huck doesn't swear yet.  I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment