Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So winter can kiss my...

Our power went out Tuesday around 2 p.m, right after I posted that I was pouting about the sucky winter weather.  It finally came back on around 10:30 this morning.  Power outages are still rampant all over the area.  

Luckily, I have a good friend in the neighborhood who has a hubby that does not travel for work (usually), is handy with tools, likes to cook on the grill in ice storms and thinks large scale power outages are a fun adventure.  In other words, he is the polar opposite of Truck.  Not that Truck wouldn't be useful in an ice storm, he just wouldn't be chipper about it.

The boys and I crashed at their house.  They already have three boys and a tight budget, but they didn't think twice about housing and feeding us.  I feel very lucky to have such good friends.

Anyway, I am all off schedule and out of sorts because of the stupid ice storm.  Maybe I will have mentally recovered by the time I get the kids in bed.  Check back tonight and maybe I will have found someone to mock or something embarrassing about myself to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment