Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So I'm sticking with the music theme, apparently

I don't usually like remakes of anything.  I like original movies, songs, snack foods.  Whatever it is, just leave it alone.  However, there is one remake I like.

Pretty much everyone under the age of 40 knows the song Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve. I like that song as much as the next guy, which must be quite a bit considering the amount of airplay it got in 1997.

Anyway, I found a remake of it by Ace Enders and a Million Different People.  I like his version so much better that I have gotten over how overplayed the original was.  I find it particularly cool that several different people sing on this song, but I didn't notice it at first.  

If you like this song, buy it on itunes and the proceeds will go to VH1 Save the Music, which is dedicated to restoring music programs to public schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment